Saturday, May 17, 2008

Smoke 'em if you got 'em

As my infamous Advanced Anatomy Professor, Dr. Myrer, would say (among other things!) "smoke 'em if you got 'em" or as Mr. Mussetter from H.S. so poetically put it "if you can't beat em, join em!" If you couldn't tell, I've decided to take their advice and start a real blog. As my closest friends know, I am morally opposed to and a hard critic of all blogs, but, hey, sometimes you just have to give in and join in the fun. And seeing as I have the world's easiest and SLOWEST job in the history of jobs, I might as well find/start up a new hobby to make the long hours fly by a little faster...and more smoothly. So here's to all you crazy blogger-slightly-eccentric types out there. If for nothing else, at least you'll have something more to read while you're prying into everybody's lives. To me blogging is the mom version of facebook stalking. And although I have to admit I used to religiously stalk "friends" on facebook, I have been trying to give it up cold turkey. And although it was rather painful in the beginning, it's surprising how quickly you don't care who's in a relationship with who, who threw a chicken at who, and what free gifts are available for the day! Maybe this is the first step in the right direction, we'll have to see. Or maybe it's just a new form of wasting time and evading people's lives while I pretend to have a life of my own. Either way, all I can say is I'm now one of the people I hate. Oh well, "smoke em if you got em!" Fair dinkum mate!

No comments: