Friday, May 23, 2008

You know you work at BYU-SLC if...


Since I'm so beyond busy at work AGAIN today, I thought that I would come up with 20 ways that you know that you are a BYU Salt Lake Center employee. Although each item on the list will be COMPLETELY true, it will be nice to get a good laugh at myself and at my job. Wait, what again do you actually DO? Good question! If you find out could you please let me know. I'm still a little fuzzy on the matter myself. Meanwhile, I'll be busy wasting time...

You know you are a BYU-SLC employee if...
1)The first thing you have to do when you get to work is take a female/shemale quiz online to see who can get the top score
2)You've ever went an entire day without seeing, talking to, or helping a single student or person
3)Your idea of a BIG project is getting to type in phone numbers into a data base because it takes you 1 hour to complete
4)You join the inter-office BIGGEST LOSER and end up gaining weight and eating treats like it's going outta style
5)Going to meetings is the highlight of the month because you know that at least you'll be away from a computer screen for an hour or so
6)You were told when you were hired that they don't actually NEED you but had to hire you to fill in chairs, in the off chance that this place EVER gets busy
7)You go to the bathroom as much as possible, even when you don't have to go, simply to take a break from your pathetic life for a few glorious minutes
8)You fight over who gets to go get the mail that day because you want a "job" so badly
9)You are told to bring in movies or books to read and don't try to hide the fact
10)Your boss brings you movies and tv shows to watch
11)You spend more time online in one day of work than you should in an entire week or more
12)You spend all your time at work looking for a new job
13)You have absolutely no idea what you did all day
14)You make up little surveys like this one because you have already blogged, stalked, read and sent emails, checked your bank account, and googled as much as you can stand and youve only been at work 1 hour.
15)You've ever sat for so long without moving at all that the room actually goes black because it thinks that nobody is in the room
16)You go to a meeting and employees are sleeping and snoring loudly and nobody thinks twice about it
17)You are apart of the "Bulletin Board" committee so it looks like you have something you're in charge
18)You are supposed to be the expert on Incomplete contracts and thus write up a whole blurg about what they are, what they are used for, and the steps to complete the form, but have never actually done an Incomplete contract
19)The second you hear the fax machine, you jump out of your seat and RUN over to receive the fax before your coworker gets in....HEY! If it's a clearance to register form you might actually get to enter it into access!
20)You go on vacation for an entire week and they never bother having someone fill in for you!!


5 comments:

The Romney Family said...

What does it mean if more than half of them perfectly describe MY job?? I don't work at the Salt Lake Center...do I???

The Romney Family said...

You think you're the only one who can blog about lame jobs? Oh, no, my friend--I will not be outdone! We both know my job is WAY more pathetic.

The Romney Family said...

Woohoo! I have officially been declared the winner! :) haha jk I totally give you props--it was SUCH a classic idea. I had so much fun writing it (at work, of course!). So am I a TOTAL loser if I'm blogging on a Saturday?? What are you up to today? Wanna play? Remember when we used to make all our plans via Facebook? haha Blogging is the new Facebook!

The Romney Family said...

Ok, your blog is getting lame--POST SOMETHING ALREADY! I don't like not having something to comment on. :( And P.S. Get to work already because it's not even 10 a.m. and I'm already seconds away from DYING of sheer boredom.

Angel Kae said...

hahahaha oh man oh man. If other people only knew. I love it when I'm watching LOST at full volume at the front desk and I'm completely in my own world and someone comes up to get their parking ticket validated and you know they can hear the sound of somebody getting beaten/shot/people yelling coming out of the computer monitor! I love it how you're watching Monk right now! :) I'll have to make up a list for my blog too.