Monday, May 19, 2008

Too much Lovin'...


So this is rather embarrasing to admit, but I am a closet lover/fan of the "Love comes Softly" movie series. Now anyone who has ever watched any of the movies knows how incredibly lame-O they are, but also knows just how addicting they are at the same time. Well, I was fortunate enough to watch yet another installment of this high-quality series yesterday. And just when you thought that they MUST be fresh out of lame titles for the show, they come out with yet another Winner..."Love's Unfolding Dream." YEP, you read it right....Love's Unfolding Dream. Now, I won't ruin the ending for you, but let me just tell you that it is remarkedly similar to beginning, middle, and ending of "Love comes Softly," "Love's enduring Promise," "Love's long Journey, "Love's abiding Joy," AND "Love Unending Legacy." You must be thinking, but how can this be? Each show is so different so how can it possibly end the exact same as the previous 5 movies? Well, let's just say that they did it again! But don't you worry, as soon as "Love takes Wing" and "Love finds a home" comes to my nearest Blockbuster (or Hollywood), I'll be the first in line to rent that sucker. HEY!, if you make it through 6 of the exact same movies with just different character names, then you might as well watch all 8. But sad day when there are no more to watch. But don't worry, I'm sure they'll just bust out "The Prairie Legacy Series" next, in which there are another 4 movies. This should keep me entertained for at least another couple years.

PS>Did you ever notice that Missy LaHaye and her step-mother are exactly the same age and never age even as the years roll on. Very interesting.

4 comments:

The Romney Family said...

Ha! You're such a dork--you posted on my blog! You blogger, you! Just kidding. Man, I love you! And I love your lame-o blog almost as much! Can't wait to see you tonight. :) And to see the outfit "we" picked out!!!

The Romney Family said...

Oh boy! I experienced a strange sense of de ja vu when I read your comments... Next item of business: start throwing sheep! haha

Rebecca said...

Umm, a closet lover? Why hide behind closet doors when these movies are the besT?! And are there seriously six of them?? I thought there were only four. Man, am I behind! Who owns them? I need to see them all!!!

ME ME ME said...

becca--
Anyone who watches these shows SHOULD be hidden in a dark closet...or better yet a black hole with no food or water. But MAN are they ever addicting and "good." I'm so sad that you are so far behind now. Amy told me that you religiously watched them too and I LOVED that (among other things of course) about you. I just rented the videos from Blockbuster when they come out so I dont know if anyone owns them or not. you need to catch up ASAP. I might as well just break down and buy them since I now admit to watching them. let's have a marathon of the movies because Amy is SO behind. That would be so fun.