Monday, June 2, 2008

Not homeless anymore...


It's official!-I finally have a place to live and park my car. As fun as it was to have all of my life's belongings crammed into my tiny ghetto car riding everywhere with me for a month, I finally got to unpack that sucker and relocate my junk. So exciting!! Brandon and Melissa were nice enough to let me stay (and OVER stay) at their house until I could move into this place. Thanks guys, you're the best! So now I am a current resident of "The Club" condos in Salt Lake City. Don't you wish that you were apart of the "in" crowd? I tell you what! Sad, I am no longer a fellow Ptown-ite. It was a bit of a shock to the old system in the beginning but I am actually starting to like Red Land. Where has all the blue gone to? I still don't know how I feel about venturing out into Ute land but I'm starting to realize it's not as bad as I had thought. Things are definitely a lot different up in this neck of the woods, but a GOOD different. I was ready for a change and I didn't even know it. I will miss the Y and Provo because I have so many good memories from there but it is time to move forward. Things are definitely looking up now that I'm no longer homeless. It's amazing how much better you can feel after you have a clean (no thanks to the last tenant!) and nice place to call home. You should come check out my new pad....it's pretty sweet let me just tell you. I think the best part of the whole place is that I am less than 1 mile from work so I can ride my bike to work and don't have to pay those ridiculous gas prices. Yay for saving money! I need a scooter for Sundays and then I'd be all set.

Anyhow, thought you might like to know that I don't have to live out of my suitcase any longer. I miss that luxury queen bed in Melissa's basement already though, I tell you what! I wonder if they would notice that it was missing...hmmmm....
P.S. this is NOT a picture of my current home... I wish!

3 comments:

The Romney Family said...

Oh my gosh, I saw that picture and was like WHERE ARE YOU LIVING?! It's gorgeous. Still, I'm so happy for you! Now you just need to whip out old Diggie and take a real picture of your new place since I won't be able to see it in person for who KNOWS how long! AHH!!! Why is this month SO crazy?! Whatever, we just need to set a date and I'll make it work. I really want to come see it. You have a home!! Yay! Mine and Nathan's apartment feels like a totally new place now with that second bedroom cleared out! It's kind of crazy! Time to start buying baby furniture!!! haha I'm so excited. P.S. Do you like how I write freakin EMAILS on here instead of quick little comments like a true blogger would?

ME ME ME said...

I know, we are the worst bloggers in the history of blogging. we cant follow all the rules that i'm sure are out there. Ewww..i cant take a picture because i dont have any form of a camera. Sad day! i should have kept that POS 3.1 megas now! what was i thinking? Good thing that i put in that little P.S. about that not being my place...i knew that you would think that that is where i actually live. NOT QUITE! stop hiding from me and come visit.

Angel Kae said...

It does feel weird to come to Salt Lake after all the Provo years - but isn't it great? I love it! Plus I'm so glad you're in the WARD!! I think you're even living in the boundaries legally - unlike us :)