Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Skateboarding 101

Today I had my very first skateboarding lesson EVER! Boy was it extremely fun...and hard. I fell, like A LOT! I actually have a huge bruise now on my upper thigh for a battle wound. But I took it like a champ. Hey, I know how to fall "gracefully." I now feel guilty for all the times I talked smach about skateboarding and how easy it was. Let me tell you, looks are deceiving. I thought it was tricky tricky, but I finally learned how to turn to one side really well and to the other side a little. And I even know the proper way to hold a board so you don't look like a poser and how to pop up the board when you're leaving. I'm cool now like Dave. Well, not quite that cool but one day I will learn to do a cool trick or two. So here's to all you legit skateboarders out there. Keep doing your thing. Hey, like Dave say's, "Skateboarding is just about having fun and doing it for yourself." Half pipe here I come...

2 comments:

The Bobos said...

Claire, that is sexy that you're learning to skate board. I love reading your blog, you're so funny. Thanks for putting a smile on my face today!

Sara said...

I didn't know you had a blog! It doesn't surprise me though--we're always the last to know what anyone in the family is doing. I like to waste time too so I'm sure I'll checking back frequently! Glad you're finally settled in.