Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Backstreet's BACK...alright?!?

Today is a good day. yesterday I wrote that gay post for 4 hours because I was actually BUSY at work so it took forever to finish. Then after all that work, I go to publish the post and it says "we're sorry, the blogging site is temporarily not responding!" I was so mad that I vowed to never post again because the post was lost somewhere out in cyberspace. You can not spend as much time as I did on a stupid, not even cute post, and have it delete on you just like that. Well today is a new day. I signed on and my gay little post had been saved as a draft and I just got to bring it up. Happy day. So due to the fact that I am in such a good mood now, I thought that I would write ANOTHER post. Two in one week. Ahhhh...I'm turning into a loser.

And since I have nothing exciting to write about now, I will write about nothing other than the Backstreet Boys. You heard me, Backstreet's back, alright! On Saturday I went up Mills Creek Canyon for a little bonfire and smores with random people from the ward and ended up driving back with Steve. He has some great "classic" music that always makes me laugh...and reminds me of being 14 again and being obsessed with Britney Spears. Anyhow, point being, he asked me what I wanted to listen to and I told him to surpirse me. He's like "alright, I'll play my new favorite song for you." He puts in his CD and it turns out that this "new favorite" was none other than Backstreet's Boys--Backstreet's back!! I about died. Of course I know every single word by heart so we had a good time singing along with the lyrics and it was a proud moment for me. I'm sorry but everyone loves Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, and N'Sync. It has got to be one of those secret guilty pleasures that everyone has but nobody wants to admit. Another one for me is the Olsen twins movies....ummm.....Billboard Dad much? And I'm proud to admit that Backstreet boys was the first CD that I ever bought. In fact I only own 5 CDS total-Backstreet boys, N'Sync, Britney Spears, Five, and 98 Degrees! How embarrassing is that. I stopped buying CD's once boy bands weren't cool anymore. BSB or bust.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh Claire, you crack me up! Keep on posting!!!

The Romney Family said...

Man, this post made me so happy! Thank you, Captain Random! Honestly, though, who DOESN'T love a good BSB song? Between all the old boy bands, they were always my favorite. I mean, sure, 98 Degrees had, overall, the best looking guys (except that one--don't know his name but he was thinner and a little shorter, I think, and had dark hair, kind of balding maybe, awful facial hair...you know who I mean), and N'Sync definitely produced some winners, but they always felt more trendy to me. BSB was the old standby, you know--maybe they couldn't pull some of Justin Timberlake's moves, but you could always count on them to help you through whatever dramatic middle school trauma you were dealing with. Going through a rough breakup perhaps? Just listening to them sing "Show me the meaning of being lonely. Is this the feeling I need to walk with? Tell me why I can't be there where you are. There's something missing in my heart!" you just KNEW they understood your pain. And just when you felt sure there were no decent men left in the world, there they were to comfort you, to remind you that some men can still be sweet and good and can actually make AND keep promises: "I'll never break your heart, I'll never make you cry!" Ah, it brings tears to my eyes just remembering. And since boy issues were pretty much all any of us girls cared about at that age, BSB really had their bases covered! haha Man, I need to take a quick break from blogging and go listen to some right now... :)

The Romney Family said...

Ok, never mind--I just google imaged it, and I guess he wasn't going bald--he just always wore a hat! Weirdo. Anyway, whatever his name is, he was the only ugly one in 98 Degrees, whereas both N'Sync and BSB had a couple doozies thrown in among the hotties.

The Romney Family said...

(On a scale of 1-10, how pathetic is it that I'm 23 years old and googling boy bands? Be honest...)

The Bobos said...

You know what's sad? I'm in Primary right now with the Sunbeams and for the life of me, I can't remember my Primary songs. But put on a BSB song, ANY song of theirs, and I know every word. It makes me feel fuzzy inside knowing you like BSB too. We geeks should stick together.

Liz said...

Love the honesty Claire. Everyone secretly loves stuff like that. It's all about memories.....