Monday, June 16, 2008

Snow Cones on Steroids


Tonight was so fun, can I just tell you!? For FHE we did this special Stake activitiy where we went to visit random old people around Salt Lake that were in need of some assistance or who were lonely or just wanted some company. The theme of the activity was FEED MY SHEEP. I was a little nervous about going because I have never been on a mission, never had a desire to go on a mission, and will never go on a mission (until i'm like 90 years old and I make my husband do all the work--even then I'm only going to either Heber Valley Camp or Hawaii), but once again it was so much better than I could have ever imagined. Angel was our team leader and boy did she ever lead the team! We met this 77 year old (young at heart for sure) lady that was so cute and so welcoming and so much fun. We played random songs ranging from "I am a child of God" to "Hey there Delliah" to The Red Hot Chili Peppers to "I love to see the Temple."Hey, whatever works. She had 2 of her granddaughters there too who are not members and it was so neat to realize what a testimony they have even though they don't think they do. Amy, the older girl, said that she always goes to Temple Square whenever she just needs to be alone and pray. I thought that it was so neat. Such cute girls. I loved everything about the activity. Man the ward and stake has been so great about reaching out to those in need. I love it.

After the activity, some of the people from the ward decided to go get what Courtney calls "Snowcones on Steroids" from a place called SnowOasis or something similar to that. This little Snowcone place is just some random shack in the back of a Dan's IGA place out in the middle of nowhere. These are special snow cones because they add like cream or something to them and have random cool names so they are extra cool. I got the Godzilla snowcone. I was a little nervous about venturing away from purple snowcone because that's my favorite....cherry good too but not as much a favorite (Brian Reagan anyone??), but it was dang good. Nothing says summertime like a good snowcone. The only bad thing about the night was that Kiely's car ate her key and it was stuck in the door, unable to budge. It was actually so bizarre because I have never seen a key get stuck in a door when you are trying to lock it--it was almost like the key was a super strong magnet. After much effort to get the cute little yellow bug opened, we had to abandon her car at Dans. I just feel bad because I don't think that Kiely even wanted to go in the first place but hopefully they will be able to fix it tomorrow. What is with everyone and their cars falling apart? My brakes are about to go out, Amy's car shakes uncontrollably at 50 MPH, Angel's car decided that it's going 100 miles an hour when you're actually going like 10, and the list continues...I guess these things happen together. Oh well, it was definitely worth the snowcone.

2 comments:

The Romney Family said...

Great, now I'm DYING for a snow cone! Thanks a yahoo! haha jk But man, those sound good. Like you said in your post, nothing says summer like a good old snowcone! (Cherry is favorite, too, but grape is a little MORE favorite!) Man, it was so good to see you today! Thanks so much for stopping by and relieving me from the insane boredom of this tedious job!!!

Rebecca said...

So awesome that you and your stake are doing such great things for people. I am sure those people really, really appreciated and needed a visit. We took the kids with some homeschool friends to a nursing home several months ago, and they just sang songs, and I couldn't believe how much everyone there appreciated it. As one of my friends said, "I figure if I spend enough time helping the elderly, by the time I'm old and can't take care of myself, some of that goodness will come back around!"